Sextaphag® polyvalent pyobacteriophage
solution for oral, local and external administration
NPO Microgen, 177, Bratskaya str., Perm, Perm Territory, 614089 Russia
Solution for oral, local and external administration, 20 ml ampoules 4 or 10 20 ml ampoules in each cardboard package with a package insert.
The preparation is a sterile filtrate of phage lysates of Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Proteus (P. vulgaris, P. mirabilis), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, enteropathogenic Escherichiacoli, Klebsiellapneumoniae.
Preservative - 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate monohydrate - 0.0001 g/ml (estimated content). е).
Treatment and prevention of inflammatory and enteric diseases caused by staphylococci, streptococci, Proteus, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli:
- diseases of the ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract and lungs - inflammation of the sinuses, middle ear, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy;
- surgical infections - festering wounds, burns, abscesses, cellulitis, boils, carbuncles, hidradenitis, felon, perirectitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis;
- urogenital infections - urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis;
- post-traumatic conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis, purulent corneal ulcers and iridocyclitis;
- enteric infections - gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis, dysbiosis;
- Generalized septic diseases;
- purulent inflammatory diseases of newborns - omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenterocolitis, sepsis, etc
- other diseases caused by staphylococci, streptococci (including enterococci), Proteus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
In case of severe infections caused by staphylococci, streptococci, Proteus, Klebsiella pneumonia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli, the drug is administered as part of the complex therapy.
For the prevention purposes the drug is use for the treatment of operational and newly infected wounds, for the prevention of hospital-acquired infections on epidemic indications.
An important condition for the effective phage therapy is a preliminary determination of the phage sensitivity of the pathogen.